Yeah… yeah… I’m THAT teacher. It’s kind of unavoidable in a once per week class, I’m afraid
This week’s homework is actually a bundle o’ mini-assignments. Although most can be done quickly, give each one at least a little lovin’ attention. Plan to spend a few hours on the homework total. Everything is due at the beginning of class on Wednesday, September 14. No late work will be accepted.
- If you haven’t already, join Del’s Digital Classroom via the invite sent to your SCC e-mail account. Step-by-step instructions on joining are located here. If you did not get the invitation, let me know a.s.a.p. and I will resend.
- Read the course syllabus for ART104: Drawing.
- Fill out and sign the syllabus questionnaire. It is due at the beginning of class next week.
- Read the comic on creativity journaling to ensure you understand the journal assignment (and also to jump start ideas). The comic is brief but full of good suggestions. It also happens to be borderline adorable.
- Buy your supplies, especially the composition notebook for your creativity journal. You should start journaling as soon as possible so you don’t fall behind.
- Complete the handout on the formal element of line.
- Watch the short video on visual measuring linked below. It is tailored to figure drawers and so is not perfectly applicable to what we’re doing in ART104. However, the basic techniques are the same as the ones we’ll be exploring in upcoming weeks. As you watch, don’t worry if not everything makes sense to you yet. For now, I just want you to get an idea of how an artist uses measuring to lay out a drawing.